Hit the ground running. The National Work Readiness Credential (NWRC) workshop will certify you’re ready for work. The NWRC class consists of up to 25 hours of training in areas such as communication, work-place math, and customer service. Having the NWRC lets an employer know you have what it takes to be a great employee. We offer it at no cost to you.
How to Sign Up
Signing up is easy. You must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be able to complete a 25-hour training program
Visit or call the Smart Business Resource Center. Our friendly staff will assist you with any questions you may have.
Call: (530) 245-1550
The Smart Business Resource Center
1201 Placer Street, Redding, CA 96001
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this paid training?
- No, but all tutoring and test fees are covered by a grant through the Smart Center.
- How long is training?
- It varies how many weeks the class will last. Training could be up to 25 hours depending on individual’s skills level.
- What kind of jobs can we get after?
- Any kind. The National Work Readiness Credential is nationally recognized as proof of your readiness to work.
- Is there a cost?
- No, the training is free.
- What will I learn in training?
- Work related math, active listening, reading, and situational judgment.
- Do you provide bus passes to get to training?
- Unfortunately, we do not.
- When are the classes scheduled?
- We will work with you to schedule times to meet at the Smart offices. Meeting will occur during normal business hours. M-F 9 am to 5 pm.
- What if I don’t pass a certain section(s) of the test?
- We will work with you to gain skills needed to pass and you can retake any part of the test.
- What if I need help with a part of the test?
- We have a Smart Center Representative attending that can assist you with any part of the test.
- What do I need to bring?
- A great attitude.
- Is there a dress code?
- We only ask that you do not wear anything offensive or something you can’t wear in a public business office.
- When is your next available training?
- Classes are open now. Please call today!
Get Smart Updates
Want valuable news and info from Smart Center? Sign up for our newsletter and job alerts today and we’ll send you fresh updates on new jobs listings, workshops, and more!Newsletter Sign Up Job Alerts Sign Up
Recent News & Updates
Recent Job Listings
Associate Teacher- WeavervilleShasta Head StartReddingTrinity County
Family Worker – YrekaShasta Head StartReddingSiskiyou County
TeacherShasta Head StartReddingShasta County
Program Coordinator I-Weaverville Youth CenterHuman Response NetworkWeavervilleTrinity County
AmeriCorps Parent PartnerShasta County Child Abuse Prevention Coordinating Council (CAPCC)ReddingShasta County
AmeriCorps Volunteer CoordinatorShasta County Child Abuse Prevention Coordinating CouncilReddingShasta County
Clinical DirectorAlternatives to ViolenceTehama County
TherapistAlternatives to ViolenceRed BluffTehama County
RV Lot AttendantCalifornia Trailer and RV SalesReddingShasta County
RV Parts PersonCalifornia Trailer & RV SalesReddingShasta County