Weaverville

Trinity County Resource Conservation District

JOB DUTIES

The Watershed Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the District Manager. This is a regular, full-time benefited position administered through Trinity County Resource Conservation District. This position offers a variety of projects which can include, but are not limited to, natural resources environmental planning and analysis; coordination with natural resource partners such as local, state, federal, tribal and non-profit agencies on conservation, habitat enhancement, and forest health planning and implementation projects; organizing and implementing watershed and community forest meetings; outreach as it relates to forest and watershed health; grant and report writing; and project management. This position serves at the discretion of the Board of Directors.

QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will be self-directed and detail-oriented with knowledge of watershed rehabilitation and forest health best management practices. Excellent communication skills are imperative. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team; and possess strong writing, communication and budgeting skills. A four-year college degree is highly recommended, although exceptional work experience will be considered as a substitute.
Highly qualified candidates will have any combination of education and experience that would provide the following:
1. Experience in tracking projects, meeting project deadlines, reporting and managing project budgets.
2. Knowledge of natural resource management, watershed and environmental issues.
3. Knowledge of environmental planning processes on both state and federal level.
4. Ability to communicate with people from all backgrounds.
5. Ability to translate complex scientific data into easily understandable information for public use.
6. Proof of either college level classes in watershed related fields or watershed related work experience.
7. Excellent office computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
8. Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking.
9. Knowledge and experience working in an office setting.
10. Knowledge of grant management and writing.
Please address your level of experience in all ten of these areas in an addendum to your resume. If you have little or no experience in any of these areas, please indicate that as well.
Prior to hire a background check, a valid California Driver’s License, current auto insurance and a copy of current driving record will be requested.

DUTIES:
1. Coordinate and implement meetings related to watershed coordination, including but not limited to, the Trinity River Watershed Council and Weaverville Community Forest.
2. Manage existing projects. Current projects include streamflow enhancement and watershed coordination.
3. Track project budgets, timelines and deliverables, including writing quarterly and final reports.
4. Develop new project ideas and new sources of funding through grants, donors and other sources.
5. Maintain files and records according to established systems.
6. Coordinate with internal staff and external agencies to share ideas and cross-pollinate watershed related projects ideas with a positive approach.
7. Write articles to promote projects.
8. Perform related duties as requested.

WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office work is approximately 80% of the this position with outdoor and event work making up the remaining 20%. Mileage is reimbursed at the federal rate if a District vehicle is unavailable for use.

Benefits: The TCRCD offers paid medical, vision and dental insurance; 10 paid holidays per year, plus accrued personal time off; contribution to a retirement plan; and a progressive working environment that recognizes the importance of a work/life balance.

Starting Salary Range: Placement as a Project Coordinator I or II will be based on years of work experience and education level.

Project Coordinator I Salary Range: $20.00-$24.34 / hr
Project Coordinator II Salary Range: $23.14-$27.07 / hr

Closing Date: First review will take place April 22, 2019 and posting will remain open until filled.

To Apply: Mail resume, cover letter, and addendum mentioned under qualifications to Trinity County RCD, Attn: Kelly Sheen, PO Box 1450, Weaverville, CA 96093; or email to: ksheen@tcrcd.net with “Watershed Coordinator” in the subject line; or drop off at our office: 30 Horseshoe Lane, Weaverville, CA.
For More Information: Call (530) 623-6004

Job Summary

Worksite City: Weaverville

Contract Status: Regular

Requirements

Driver's License Required: No

DMV History:

FMCSA Medical Card Required:

Certifications:

Ways to apply

To apply for this job email your details to ksheen@tcrcd.net

Apply In Person: 30 Horseshoe Lane, Weaverville CA 96093

[dkpdf-button]
Share This