Website Turtle Bay Exploration Park
Under the supervision of the Facility Services Manager, the Building Housekeeper/Custodian is primarily responsible for providing commercial housekeeping/custodial expertise pertaining to the cleaning and maintaining of all buildings and facilities with respect to Turtle Bay’s 300-acre campus.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform housekeeping/custodial tasks necessary to maintain the facilities in optimum condition consistent with the associated Task Assignment Sheet/Schedule.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of all Turtle Bay’s building’s locations and required cleaning tasks, routinely evaluate the cleanliness of buildings/facilities and adjusts to changing conditions.
- Accomplish daily and/or intermittently scheduled housekeeping/custodial services at all park buildings including kitchens and restrooms.
- Duties to include vacuuming, dusting, mopping, emptying trash cans, window cleaning, internal and external spider web removal, etc.
- Plans, schedules and implements “project-related cleaning” as conditions permit.
- Perform all work duties in compliance with established safety procedures. Maintain a continuous awareness and knowledge of safe work practices including, hand/power tools, warning signage, protective equipment/clothing and methods, and gains proficiency regarding Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Establishes and maintains an inventory of commonly used supplies, materials, and equipment to ensure availability.
- Orders and stocks (following Turtle Bay procedures) custodial tools, supplies and materials necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Provide set-up/take down assistance for programs, events, meetings, building rentals and other functions as assigned.
- Assist departmental staff (Facilities Services, Guest Services, Animal Care, Exhibits, Education, and Garden/Grounds) with housekeeping/custodial duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
III. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a commercial housekeeper/custodian in an office building, hotel, or similar facility. Possess a broad knowledge and experience of using cleaning chemicals, cleaning equipment, and safe work practices.
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated housekeeping/custodial skills necessary to maintain structures, restrooms, kitchens, floors, walls, etc; and use of common custodial tools including powered floor buffer.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to positively and proactively interact with staff, volunteers, contractor personnel, and visitors.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and the use of Microsoft Office.
- Self-directed and able to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Competent decision-making and problem solving skills required.
- Must be a team player and support organizational goals and objectives.
- Employment contingent on passing a pre-employment physical and drug screening.
- Possess a valid California driver’s license or be able to acquire within ten (10) days. Provide a clean DMV report.
- With a varying frequency of 3 to 8+ hours, position will require balancing; bending; climbing; operating controls buttons, knobs, pedals, levers, and cranks; fine finger manipulation; kneeling; carrying or lifting (between 25-50 lbs.); power grasping; pulling; pushing; simple grasping; sitting; squatting; standing; twisting; and walking.
- Housekeeper/Custodian will be working with or around job related chemicals and at times need to work from heights of approximately twenty feet on a ladder or raised platform.
Worksite City: Redding
Wages / Salary: $13.00 per hour
Number of hours/week: 24-27
Contract Status: Regular
Job closes on: 2020-08-14
Experience in field: Minimum one (1) year experience as a commercial housekeeper/custodian in an office building, hotel, or similar facility
Driver's License Required: Yes
FMCSA Medical Card Required:
Ways to apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org