Website Sierra Pacific Industries
Sierra Pacific Industries
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Transportation Support person. This is a great opportunity to work with the Sierra Pacific team at our main office in Anderson, CA. We are looking for someone who enjoys being challenged, learning new things, and being part of an innovative company.
ABOUT THE POSITION
• Effectively schedule and dispatch trucks, up to 100 loads per day.
• Consistently track and trace loads.
• Quickly and efficiently answer multi-line phone calls and direct messages to appropriate personnel.
• Regularly interact with truck drivers and truck supervisors in a professional manner.
• Perform accounts payable functions that ensure vendors are paid accurately and on-time.
• Respond to vendor questions on current invoices, past due invoices and statements.
• Prepare transportation contracts and other documents.
- Excellent and verifiable work references from prior employers and supervisors
- At least one year of recent office experience
- Knowledge of California, Oregon, and Washington geography preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in transportation industry
- A proven team player who interacts positively and professionally with coworkers
- Must be able to consistently balance multiple tasks and priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Be punctual, dependable and organized
- Ability to work with multiple computer applications while talking with carriers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by August 19, 2019 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
19794 Riverside Ave
Anderson, CA 96007
Interested in SPI, but not this job? Look for future openings at: www.spi-ind.com/careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans. We are a drug
and tobacco free workplace.
Worksite City: Anderson
Wages / Salary: DOE
Benefits: Health, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
Number of hours/week: 40
Contract Status: Regular
Job closes on: 2019-08-19
Experience in field: One year of recent office experience
Computer/Software Programs: Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Driver's License Required: No
FMCSA Medical Card Required:
Ways to apply
Apply In Person: Sierra Pacific Industries Paul Niemer, Human Resources PO Box 496011 Redding, CA 96049