Website Superior California Economic Development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements economic recovery and resilience plans with the goal of rebuilding resilient and sustainable communities throughout the region.
- Assists with local, state and federally led coronavirus recovery planning efforts in highly impacted communities.
- Establishes effective working relationships with local jurisdictions, federal and state agencies, regional business development organizations and private non-profits.
- Serves as liaison between local, state and federal partners to speed the recovery process through strategic technical assistance and local capacity augmentation for highly impacted communities.
- Facilitates the implementation of locally generated disaster recovery economic development projects developed as a part of the CEDS or CEDS-aligned economic recovery and resilience plans.
- Enhances pre- and post-disaster stakeholder coordination, information sharing, communication and collaboration to develop the foundation of a resiliency plan for specific localities.
- May develop and conduct web-based trainings, workshops and informational meetings to introduce the principles of resiliency planning and gather disaster planning information.
- Helps strengthen regional industry value chains by linking businesses to resources that can help strengthen their position in a period of economic stress or disaster.
- Anticipates economic risk, evaluates how those risks can impact key economic assets, and assists in building response capacity.
- May act as project lead for related grants and contracts, and represents SCED with partners and the community.
- May assist in the preparation and administration of contracts, projects, plans, reports, grant applications and budgets.
- Contributes resiliency resources to CEDS resiliency component.
- Three or more years’ experience in economic/community/business development program management and implementation.
- Experience in community coordination/outreach and training/facilitation desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with public and private business financing, including SBA disaster programs, USDA and CDBG.
- Knowledge of standard business practices.
- Working knowledge of local and regional government and community based organizations and resources.
- Strong business writing and interpersonal communication skills; ability to work in a highly organized manner.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, strategic decision making and offer innovative and non-traditional approaches.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Worksite City: Redding
Wages / Salary: N/A
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
Number of hours/week: 40
Contract Status: Temporary to Permanent
If Temp, What is the duration: 24 months
Job closes on: 2020-08-15
Experience in field: 3-5 years
Computer/Software Programs: Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom
Driver's License Required: Yes
FMCSA Medical Card Required:
Lifting requirement: 10-25
Education Level: Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Economics, or related field
Ways to apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com