Siskiyou Forest Products-Anderson, CA
• Repairs and maintains electric, diesel, LPG, and gasoline industrial trucks, following manuals, and using hand or power tools.
• Troubleshoots breakdowns including motor, hydraulics, and electrical.
• Lubricates moving parts and operates repaired equipment to verify conformance to specifications.
• Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment, and makes adjustment, using hand or power tools.
• May fabricate special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
• Operates mobile equipment.
• Performs preventative maintenance and maintains appropriate checklist.
• Maintains, installs, repairs and troubleshoots all systems, equipment and facilities.
• Performs preventative maintenance.
• Assemble and install industrial machines
• Dismantle and move machinery
• Welding, cutting/brazing.
• Performs work at heights and tight spaces.
• Maintains working relationship with maintenance, production and management personnel.
• Works overtime and weekends as required.
• Sets up moulder for run of specific sizes.
• Sets up joint heads and removes heads.
• Clears machine from lumber/wood debris obstructions.
• Reads and understands work order directions.
• Ensures product size is correct and on pattern using measuring devices such as tape measure, gauge, or calipers.
• Instructs crew on each specific run on quality and stacking requirements.
• Ensures product is consistent with company quality standards.
• Maintains good housekeeping around machine center.
Entry Level Mill Worker
• Feeds various sizes of lumber into machines and assists operator with adjustments and general clean up.
• Off bears various sizes of lumber from moving belt or rollers and stacks into carts, patches boards as needed.
• Feeds lumber, wood pieces, wood scraps or wood blocks into hog.
• Sweeps floor, picks up wood debris and other debris from floor and around machinery and places into waste bin.
• Cuts bands from inbound lumber and feeds into machine.
• Pulls lumber from moving chain deck and places into carts. Pushes carts out for forklift pick up.
• Places strapping around lumber using hand bander.
• Places small logs in boxes and stacks on pallets.
• Places small wood blocks into pockets of feeder, changes guide and blade as needed, clears belt or feeder from wood block jambs as needed.
• Grades and stacks various size boards.
• Drives around inside of mill sweeping up debris, empties bin when full of debris.
Worksite City: Anderson, CA
Wages / Salary: $12.00 - $21.00 per hour
Number of hours/week: 40 plus
Contract Status: Regular
Job closes on: 2019-09-17
Driver's License Required: No
FMCSA Medical Card Required:
Ways to apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply In Person: 6275 State Hwy 273, Anderson, CA