Website Shasta Head Start
Shasta Head Start
Founded in 1965, Shasta Head Start is dedicated to providing comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition, disabilities, and mental health services to low-income children and families. Shasta Head Start’s 285 staff serve nearly 900 children and families in Shasta, Siskiyou, and Trinity counties.
We are committed to best practices in child development, education and family advocacy through the delivery of comprehensive program services in a timely and consistent manner. We strive to empower individuals and families to achieve their maximum potential in an environment which respects their value and dignity.
We are currently looking for a Bilingual Aide with the desire to share their language skills with children and families. If you enjoy building relationships, hard work and innovation, providing excellence, and want to have fun with your fellow employees, you may be who we are looking for.
Under the direct supervision of the classroom Teacher, the Bilingual Aide will assist children, family, and staff by providing bilingual learning opportunities to limited English speaking children. The Bilingual Aide also facilitates communication between home and school both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence, and read and interpret documents both in English and in the family’s primary language
- Ability to speak effectively to groups of children, parents, staff, and community members in English and in the family’s primary language
- Valid California Drivers License and clean DMV record
- Criminal Background Check Required
- Pre-Employment Strength Assessment
- Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Pre-Employment TB Test
- Up to date records of pertussis, measles, and influenza vaccines
- Partner with the classroom teachers to support learning and development by interpreting for limited English speaking children as needed
- Assist staff in recruiting and enrolling limited English speaking families
- Assist social service staff in communicating with limited English speaking families by interpreting as needed at meetings, conferences, etc.
- Assist center staff in translation of basic written information for families as needed
- Model appropriate behavior and interact in a positive, friendly and courteous manner with children, and families in order to build and foster responsive relationships
- Assist in completing screenings and assessment of children by interpreting information as needed
- Support for special events or activities for limited English speaking families
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from waist to shoulder. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lifts 50 pounds from floor to waist. The employee must be able to push/pull up to 75 pounds horizontally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please visit our website, www.shastaheadstart.org, to review the job description, view other open positions, and to apply for this position. Unofficial Transcripts and/or proof of degree required. To complete your application please submit transcripts or proof of degree via fax to (530) 243-8601 or mail to 375 Lake Blvd., Suite #100 Redding, CA 96003.
Shasta Head Start is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Worksite City: Redding
Wages / Salary: $13.09
Benefits: Paid Sick Leave
Number of hours/week: Up to 29 hours/week
Contract Status: Temporary
Job closes on: 2020-08-14
Driver's License Required: Yes
FMCSA Medical Card Required:
Education Level: High School Diploma or GED
Ways to apply
Apply on our company's website: https://www.shastaheadstart.org/job-board.html