Website Shasta Head Start
Shasta Head Start
Founded in 1965, Shasta Head Start is dedicated to providing comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition, disabilities, and mental health services to low-income children and families. Shasta Head Start’s 285 staff serves nearly 900 children and families in Shasta, Siskiyou, and Trinity counties.
We are committed to best practices in child development, education, and family advocacy through the delivery of comprehensive program services in a timely and consistent manner. We strive to empower individuals and families to achieve their maximum potential in an environment which respects their value and dignity.
We are currently looking for a Special Needs Aide with a proven track record of experience working with children with disabilities. If you enjoy building relationships, hard work and innovation, providing excellence, and want to have fun with your fellow employees, you may be who we are looking for.
Under the direct supervision of the Head Teacher, the Special Needs Aide will work with a single child or small group of children providing support and supervision following an individualized plan to accommodate the child’s disability or behavioral difficulties and allow them to participate in the classroom.
- High School Diploma or GED
- (One year experience working with children with disabilities desired)
- Ability to work with individual and groups of children ages 0-5, supporting social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth
- Ability to work with others in supporting a positive work environment
- Ability to write reports/correspondence and read/interpret documents
- Valid California Driver License and clean DMV record
- Criminal background check required
- Pre-Employment Strength Assessment
- Pre-Employment drug test
- Pre-Employment TB test
- Up to date records of pertussis, measles, and influenza vaccines
- Implement support and supervision services according to the child’s individualized plan
- Ensure that children with disabilities and behavioral difficulties receive a mainstreamed experience in the least restrictive environment
- Under direct supervision, provide direct special services to the assigned child
- Assist educational staff and the assigned child in all areas of the program
- Consult regularly with staff on the progress of the child
- Model appropriate behavior and interact in a positive, friendly, and courteous manner with children, staff, families, and community volunteers in order to build and foster responsive relationships
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from waist to shoulder. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lifts 50 pounds from floor to waist. The employee must be able to push/pull up to 75 pounds horizontally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please visit our website, www.shastaheadstart.org, to review the job description, view other open positions, and to apply for this position. Unofficial Transcripts and/or proof of degree required. To complete your application please submit transcripts or proof of degree via fax to (530) 243-8601 or mail to 375 Lake Blvd., Suite #100 Redding, CA 96003.
Shasta Head Start is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Worksite City: Anderson
Wages / Salary: $13.09
Benefits: Paid Sick Leave
Number of hours/week: Up to 29 hours/week
Contract Status: Temporary
Job closes on: 2020-08-09
Experience in field: One year experience working with children with disabilities desired
Driver's License Required: Yes
FMCSA Medical Card Required:
Education Level: High School Diploma or GED
Ways to apply
Apply on our company's website: http://shastaheadstart.org/job-board.html