Website Shasta County Head Start
- Assist supervisor in maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy work environment
- Assist in the compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, federal and state regulations, and Community Care Licensing requirements
- Assist in the implementation of Shasta Head Start written curriculum plan
- Assist in the planning and implementation of Shasta Head Start developmentally appropriate curriculum and assessments for the classroom
- Assist in the supervision and management of children in the classroom in order to ensure a safe, clean, and healthy learning environment
- Conduct home visits for center children in accordance with Head Start performance standards
- On-going professional development through education, training, and resources
- Maintain professional and ethical standards
Shasta Head Start
Founded in 1965, Shasta Head Start is dedicated to providing comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition, disabilities, and mental health services to low-income children and families. Shasta Head Start’s 285 staff serve nearly 900 children and families in Shasta, Siskiyou, and Trinity counties.
We are committed to best practices in child development, education, and family advocacy through the delivery of comprehensive program services in a timely and consistent manner. We strive to empower individuals and families to achieve their maximum potential in an environment which respects their value and dignity.
We are currently looking for a Teacher with a proven track record of child development, education, and leadership experience. If you enjoy building relationships, hard work and innovation, providing excellence, and want to have fun with your fellow employees, you may be who we are looking for.
Under the direct supervision of the Head Teacher or Site Supervisor, the Teacher will provide day-to-day care to children in a Head Start classroom using SHS developmentally appropriate curriculum and assessment, and by building responsive relationships with children and families.
Job Title: Teacher
Number of openings: 1
Wages / Salary: $12.25- $17.08 (DOEd.)
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
Number of hours/week: 40
Job Hours: TBD
Contract Status: Regular
Experience in field: One year related experience (Two years related experience desired)
Driver’s License Required: Yes
DMV History: Yes
FMCSA Medical Card Required: No
Other Ways to apply
Apply on our company’s website: http://shastaheadstart.org/