Program Services Analyst
The Northern Rural Training & Employment Consortium (NoRTEC) in Chico, California provides federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act programs in eleven Northern California Counties. Established in 1983, NoRTEC is led by a Workforce Development Board and an elected Governing Board and provides a comprehensive array of services to businesses and job seekers throughout the region. Please see http://www.ncen.org for more information.
The NoRTEC organization is comprised of high-performance employees that are continually looking for ways to improve the provision of services for the communities we work for. Each employee takes personal responsibility for overall organizational performance and goes beyond adequate to exceptional in the areas that matter to our organization. NoRTEC employees are self-starters who work with little supervision, have the ability to get things done and work exceptionally well with coworkers in an office environment.
Under general supervision, interpret complex workforce regulations, policies and procedures to develop, implement and oversee high-quality workforce services to job seekers and employers.
• Read and understand Federal, State and NoRTEC regulations, policies and procedures
• Develop policies and procedures to ensure that program requirements are properly implemented
• Perform onsite and desk review compliance monitoring of subcontractor staff and participant training providers to ensure that regulations and policies are being followed
• Independently compose correspondence and other documents on a wide variety of subjects requiring a thorough knowledge of Federal, State and NoRTEC policies and procedures
• Provide technical assistance to subcontractor staff for all program service issues and questions
• Develop training manuals and other technical assistance guides to assist subcontractor staff with implementation of NoRTEC’s program services
• Provide training to NoRTEC subcontractor staff
• Assist with grant writing
• Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly program status reports to funding agencies
• Prepare reports on performance data and subcontractor activity
• Maintain NoRTEC’s Eligible Training Provider List
• Maintain and oversee NoRTEC’s participant data in the client tracking system (CalJOBS),
including oversight of performance reports and subcontractor data activity
• Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is essential for this position
• Use good judgment and make sound decisions in accordance with established
procedures and policies
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Work with numerous interruptions
• Adjust to changing priorities
• Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those
contacted during the course of work
• Operate personal computers and/or tablets utilizing a variety of software programs
including MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Excel spreadsheet applications and experience
working with a database
Experience: Two years of increasingly responsible analytical and/or administrative experience in a related field.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
Additional Requirement: Possession of a valid California Driver License. Proof of personal auto insurance levels at or above a $100,000 combined single limit must be provided once offer of employment is accepted.
Education: A master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
Experience: Experience with Federal workforce programs including the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
This is a full-time 40 hours per week position located in Chico, California
$59,400 – $74,800
NoRTEC offers a full range of employee benefits including fully paid Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Vacation, Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
10%-20% local and overnight travel required.
• Use hands to finger, handle or operate objects, tools or controls
• Reach with hands and arms
• Walk, sit, stand, talk and hear
• Occasional need to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Necessary vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color
perception and the ability to adjust focus
The noise level in the work environment is moderately noisy.
Submit a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Michael Cross, Executive Director
Position will be open until filled.
If you have any questions, or need additional assistance regarding this position, please contact
NoRTEC at (530) 892-9600.
Northern Rural Training and Employment Consortium
525 Wall Street
Chico, California, 95928
NoRTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports workforce diversity. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NoRTEC will consider individuals with disabilities based on their qualifications to perform the essential functions of the position for which they are applying and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and/or testing process. If you require accommodation in the application and/or testing process, please notify NoRTEC within seven (7) days of the need for accommodation, so appropriate alternative arrangements can be made.
Worksite City: Chico
Wages / Salary: $59,400 - $74,800
Number of hours/week: 40
Contract Status: Regular
Job closes on: 2019-07-25
Experience in field: Two years of increasingly responsible analytical and/or administrative experience in a related field
Driver's License Required: Yes
FMCSA Medical Card Required:
Lifting requirement: 25 lbs
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
Ways to apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org[dkpdf-button]