Website Redding Rancheria Trinity
Basic Job Purpose: Coordinate referrals from Redding Rancheria Trinity Health Center to other health care providers for patient care that is not performed at the Health Center. Referrals are made to providers such as physicians, diagnostic facilities, radiology, laboratories, and hospitals.
Essential Job Duties:
- Receive referrals/requests from providers through the HER and schedule outside care as indicated.
- Provide information to patients regarding referral provider name, address and phone number to allow patients to call to schedule appointment. Acquire pertinent records, labs, x-rays, diagnostic tests and health summaries related to the patient’s current condition from the medical records; forward information to the specialist or facility involved.
- Instruct and prepare patient for diagnostic procedures per clinic protocol or as instructed by provider.
- Enter referral data, and insurance information into HER and data mining program (i2i).
- Track all referrals sent out to ensure completion of care and receipt of related documentation. All data to be entered into the i2i trax system and regular reports to be generated for review by the Health Operations Director.
- Maintain all required data in the i2i trax system to comply with clinic, state and federal mandates. This includes but is not limited to mammogram and pap results, perinatal tracking, Gardasil immunization tracking, cancer detection program, and lead level tracking.
- Can float onto medical floor and fill in as a Floor MA. As such must be able to meet all essential and nonessential job duties as described for MA in job.
- Stamp and distribute all laboratory, radiology, consultation, etc. and other pertinent medical records for review and signature, using HER protocols for scanning, provider sign-off and storage.
- Request medical records/ other additional information from outside healthcare facilities.
- Respond to authorized requests for information by outside healthcare facilities.
- Receive outside records and scan to appropriate EHR/EDR patient file.
- Upload, download and distribute all dictations
- Scan all “in house” forms and documents to the appropriate EHR/EDR patient file.
- Track all stored historical paper charts and shred as per policy as they time out.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
Nonessential Job Duties:
- Gather necessary insurance information to properly process referrals.
- Responsible for lab and x-ray payments.
- Responsible for pre-authorization on referrals and diagnostic tests.
- Set up appropriate trays for providers.
- Change dressings and apply bandages.
- Assist provider by collecting needed specimens (i.e. blood, urine) and prepare specimens for transfer and analysis at outside laboratory.
- Assist with the maintenance and inventory of medical equipment and supplies.
- Assist providers with patient follow up, test results and call back.
- Maintain applicable medical records.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic nursing practices and medical assisting skills and the various types of materials and equipment related to outpatient care and their application.
- Knowledge of relevant medical terminology.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Knowledge of records management, including control, protection of privacy and maintenance of records in medical clinic setting.
- Knowledge about blood borne pathogens.
- Ability to instruct and assist patients effectively.
- Ability to use computers and related software applications accuracy to ensure validity and integrity regarding referral information.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions of medical care providers.
- Ability to work effectively with employees and health clinic professionals.
- Ability to learn new procedures and information within a reasonable period of time.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload assignments, such as prioritizing daily clinic operations and follow through on assignments.
Requirements/ Minimum Qualifications:
- Current MA certification. CPR certification required.
- Experience with pre-authorization process for 3rd party payers.
- Medical Terminology Experience.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
Job Title: Medical Data & Referrals Specialist
Number of openings: 1
Worksite City: Weaverville
Wages / Salary: DOE
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
Number of hours/week: 40
Job Hours: 7a-6p
Contract Status: Regular
Job closes on: 2018-02-22
Driver’s License Required: No
DMV History: Yes
FMCSA Medical Card Required: No
Education Level: Medical Assisting
Ways to apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply In Person: 2000 Redding Rancheria Rd. Redding, Ca
Apply to Fax: 530-242-4563
Apply on our company's website: http://www.redding-rancheria.com/employment/