Trinity County Resource Conservation District
GIS Technician / Manager
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician/Manager, in collaboration with other District staff, will help develop, promote and implement GIS projects for both internal and external customers, as well as provide GIS support to Project Managers as needed. This position will be involved in all aspects of GIS and spatial data management for the District from concept to completion, including maintenance of the District’s GIS database, distribution of pertinent GIS data, and development of maps and layouts.
Other responsibilities will include administration of GIS development and GIS systems administration for Trinity County.
This is a full-time benefited position administered through Trinity County Resource Conservation District. The position works under the direct supervision of the District Manager. District employees are subject to normal management reviews and serve at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
• GIS Technician/Manager: A four-year college degree either in GIS or related field with a GIS component, such as forestry, environmental sciences, natural resources, or related field.
• GIS Technician: Three years or more of combined education and professional experience with GIS, developing, coordinating, and implementing GIS-related projects.
• GIS Manager: Five years or more of direct professional experience in GIS and project administration, developing, coordinating, and implementing GIS-related projects, including managing project budgets and personnel. Supervisory experience and the ability to prioritize and coordinate workload, both independently and as part of a team.
• Proficient with Esri ArcGIS Desktop, Microsoft Office, and GPS software and hardware, with the ability to effectively manage data.
• Ability to develop and maintain partnerships with external customers and partner agencies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and organizational skills.
• Ability to sit/stand in an office for long periods of time, while working in front of a screen.
• Valid California driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Knowledge of most current GIS principles and techniques.
• Knowledge of Avenza Maps and integration with GIS programs.
• Knowledge of and proficiency with ArcGIS Pro.
• Knowledge of ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Portal for development of online data repository.
Position duties may include the following depending on program needs:
• Responsible for maintenance of District’s GIS database.
• Responsible for maintaining GIS software and systems for Trinity County, as well as providing map layouts, data updates, and fulfilling other requests as needed.
• Utilize ArcGIS Desktop and/or ArcGIS Pro for developing maps to show road networks, waterways, elevation, vegetation, monitoring locations as well as other geographic feature types with associated attribute tables.
• Use aerial imagery to verify and register spatial data to real-world coordinate systems.
• Create presentation quality map layouts of various sizes for both internal and external use.
• Coordinate District’s data sharing and (GIS Manager) prepare agreements for District Fee for Service contracts.
• Develop detailed reports and presentations for projects.
• (GIS Manager) Supervise staff and participate in personnel performance evaluations of subordinate staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
Office and some field work. Most field work will be trips to partner organizations. Depending on the season and program needs, the average workweek will change at times. Typical workweeks are Monday through Friday, five 8-hour days, but there is flexibility within this schedule as approved by the District Manager.
The TCRCD offers paid medical, vision and dental insurance; 10 paid holidays per year, plus accrued personal time off; contribution to a retirement plan; and a progressive, family friendly working environment that recognizes the importance of a work/life balance.
$19.15 to $27.27 per hour, dependent on experience
Send resume and cover letter to:
Trinity County RCD
Attn: Kelly Sheen
P. O . Box 1450
Weaverville, CA 96093
Or bring to office:
30 Horseshoe Lane
Weaverville, CA 96093
Or email to:
- Closing Date: June 17, 2019 (5:00 pm PST)
Worksite City: Weaverville
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
Contract Status: Regular
Driver's License Required: No
FMCSA Medical Card Required:
Ways to apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply In Person: 30 Horseshoe Lane Weaverville, CA 96093[dkpdf-button]