Trinity County Resource Conservation District
The Trinity County Resource Conservation District is accepting resumes for the position of Education and Outreach Assistant. The Education and Outreach Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator I. This is a temporary (seasonal) part-time position administered through Trinity County Resource Conservation District with the potential to become a full-time benefited position. District employees are subject to normal management reviews and serve at the discretion of the Board of Directors. Employee must perform effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
General knowledge of outreach strategy and environmental education topics related to watersheds, ability to work independently, strong writing and communication skills. Knowledge of conservation districts, natural resources management and conservation education preferred and general knowledge of office systems. Any combination of education and experience that would provide the following:
1. Knowledge of natural resource management, watershed, and environmental issues.
2. Knowledge of environmental education strategies and programs, including environmental education camps.
3. Experience in teaching and/or public outreach and event management.
4. Excellent office computer program and organizational skills.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Knowledge and experience working in an office setting and tracking projects.
7. Prefer Bachelor or AA Degree in education, environmental sciences or related natural resources field, however job experience may substitute for degree.
Subject to the direction of the Project Coordinator I, the Education and Outreach Assistant has the responsibility to:
1. Assist in coordinating District’s environmental education program with schools, including lesson development and teaching in association with other District staff.
2. Assist in coordinating, planning, promoting and implementing Weaverville Summer Day Camp and sixth grade Environmental Camp at Bar 717.
3. Support all outreach events through coordination, promotion, planning, and implementation.
4. Maintain files and records according to established systems.
5. Maintain and update social media and electronic communications.
6. Assist in the development, writing, revision and distribution of brochures, newsletters, press releases and other outreach materials.
7. Coordinate with District staff in preparation of education and outreach grant proposals.
8. Perform related duties as requested.
9. Some Saturday hours are required for events.
SALARY RANGE: $16.27-$21.41
CLOSING DATE: June 3, 2019
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to the TCRCD.
Mail to: Trinity County RCD Attn: Personnel PO BOX 1450
Drop-off during regular business hours: 30 Horseshoe Lane
Weaverville, CA 96093
Submit electronically: email@example.com with “Education and Outreach” in the subject line
FOR QUESTIONS: Call (530)623-6004
Worksite City: Weaverville CA
Contract Status: Regular
Driver's License Required: No
FMCSA Medical Card Required:
Ways to apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply In Person: 30 Horseshoe Lane, Weaverville CA 96093[dkpdf-button]