JKH Door Service
The Customer Service/Inside Sales Agent, hereafter referred to as “ Customer Service Agent”, is the primary provider of general customer service and support from an informational and problem resolution perspective. The Customer Service Agent additionally provides sales assistance to walk-in customers in the areas of parts, accessories, service orders, and new door and operator purchases.
The scope of activities the Customer Service agent may get involved with includes answering and routing incoming telephone calls, handling walk-in customers or prospects, phone requests for estimates or information, requests for service, conveying information between installers, service technicians, customers, and managers during the work day, computer data entry for various aspects of the business process, records filing, etc.
In addition, each Agent may have specific additional responsibilities within the general accounting process and, at times, may be required to fulfill these responsibilities for another Customer Service Agent on an as-needed basis (such as Accounts Receivable, Payroll, etc.
Customer Service Agents are the primary contact with outside customers and are expected to maintain a neat and professional appearance and demeanor. Customer Service agents report to the Finance/Office Manager.
Primary Job Functions:
- Responding to work assignments and tasks as directed by the Finance/Office Manager or other members of the Management Team, as appropriate.
- If the first Agent to arrive at work, pick up messages from answering machine and either route or take action on messages, as appropriate and turn off answering machine.
- Answer incoming telephone call, preferably no later than the second “ring”. If more than two rings occur, any available agent should attempt to answer the incoming call.
- Based on the content of the call, resolve most calls in one of the following ways:
1)Route call to Service Manager, Installation Manager, or member of the management team, as appropriate.
2) Write up a Work Order for either Installation or Service and input relevant data into computer system.
3) Provide necessary information to caller and route to appropriate sales, service, or installation manager or technician, as appropriate.
4) If a request for an estimate, fill out a job ticket, input data into computer, and route to residential or commercial sales manager, as appropriate.
5) Research order status for correct status.
- Assist walk-in customers at the sales counter with the following types of assistance, as required:
-Information on new residential doors and/or operators,
- Write up sales ticket for counter sales, as required.
- Handle cash or credit card purchase with appropriate accounting process.
- Handle return and/or exchanges brought to the sales counter.
- Refer any problems or requests for information outside the scope of personal knowledge to the appropriate party(ies).
- With respect to incoming calls regarding warranty issues,
-Gather pertinent information from customer,
-Research the specific customer history for installation details,
-Route information to the appropriate manager for resolution.
- Locate technicians via pager, radio, or phone as required by managers and/or customers and communicate information requested.
- Assist in creation of sales, marketing, or promotional materials as requested by respective managers.
- Enter work order data into accounting computer system for invoicing purposes from detail cost data prepared by installation and service managers.
- Mail invoices generated to customers, with door keys where applicable, and file copies appropriately.
- Post incoming customer payments to appropriate Accounts Receivable accounting system computer files.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Provide general office support as required on a project or special needs basis.
- Provide trade show and promotional activity support as required by the management team.
- Attend or perform training functions as requested regarding computer and/or product information training.
- Attend First-Aid training classes when appropriate.
- Assist other members of the office staff when requested.
- Keep office and work areas clean and free from clutter.
Services and Products Supplied:
- Handles service requests from call-in or walk-in customers.
- Processes work order and billing data for service or installation requests.
- Provides general office support services.
- Acts as communications liaison between customers, technicians, and management team.
- Provides back-up to other customer service agents as required.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Working Terms and Conditions (may include, but not be limited to the following):
- Customer Service Agents will report to the main company offices each morning.
- The majority of work assignments will be carried out in the office area of the company offices.
- Customer Service agents will be working around electronic and computer equipment during the normal execution of their tasks.
- Occasionally, an Agent may be requested to assist in performing work at one of the other JKH Door Service Company facilities or at a trade-show.
- Customer Service agents should coordinate coverage of phones and customer counter in times of absence amongst themselves and the Finance/Office Manager (lunch, errands, appointments, etc.)
- Agents should make every effort to notify the Office Manger whenever an unexpected absence occurs, or in advance if the absence is known in advance
- Must have some basic knowledge of personal computers and associated software tools.
- Must be able to operate a multi-line telephone system.
- Must be able to receive directions and execute tasks accordingly.
- Must be able to pass a standard drug test.
- Must be able to read and write legibly and accurately.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic functions both with and without a calculator.
- Must be able to communicate with customers in a professional and respectful manner.
- Must be able to communicate over a telephone – landline and cellular.
- Must be able to operate a pager and 2-way radio.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must have good eyesight or wear corrective lenses (glasses or contacts).
- Must have neat appearance.
- Ability to understand and take direction from superiors.
- Ability to handle and schedule multiple tasks within a day.
- Ability to work with others in a positive and productive manner.
- Ability to remember and follow through with regularly occurring tasks.
- Ability to treat customers and fellow employees with decency and respect and to control personal emotions in confrontational situations.
- Ability to handle stress in a reasonable and effective manner.
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook and attitude.
Frequently Used Tools and Resources:
- Telephone – land line and cellular.
- Voice mail.
- Computer and associated software applications
- Credit card authorization software
- Electronic calculator
Job Title: Customer Service/Inside Sales Agent
Number of openings: 1
Wages / Salary: Depending on Experience
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Number of hours/week: 40 Hours per week
Contract Status: Regular
Experience in field: 2 Years in customer service
Driver’s License Required: Yes
DMV History: No
FMCSA Medical Card Required: No
Education Level: High School Diploma / GED
Other Ways to apply
Apply In Person: Smart Business Resource Center 1201 Placer Street Redding, Ca 96001