Website Community Housing Improvement Program, IInc.
Maintenance Technician– Red Bluff, CA
The Maintenance Technician provides high quality service to the Brickyard Creek Apartment community to ensure a safe and healthy environment for residents.
Prepare vacant units for occupancy in a timely fashion, including cleaning, painting, and completion of any necessary repairs.
Complete Work Orders, record cost of materials/supplies and hours worked
Provide general maintenance as assigned, ensuring work is completed in a timely fashion. May include any or all the following:
- Make sure walkways are clear of debris and trip hazards.
- Pick-up litter/trash from grounds, clean laundry rooms and community room
- Inspect property exteriors, log any defects, make repairs where needed.
- Handle emergencies during normal work hours as well as being on call after hours.
At Resident Manager’s request, schedule and supervise outside vendors.
Maintain an inventory of all equipment and related sign-out records.
Maintain the shop and equipment in a clean, operable, and orderly condition
Maintain/update MSDS manual.
When scheduled, assist Resident Manager with unit inspections, both periodic and annual.
Work with Resident Manager to develop a yearly work plan for property maintenance.
Operate power and manual tools and equipment in a correct and safe manner for building and grounds maintenance and repair.
Provide excellent customer service to residents.
Maintain maintenance records in a timely and accurate manner.
Become knowledgeable with the property rules and regulations to assist Resident Manager with enforcing them.
Any other duties assigned by the Facility Manager or Resident Manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Must have mechanical aptitude and basic maintenance skills.
2. Ability to operate power and manual equipment and tools correctly and safely for grounds and building maintenance
3. Must be a team player, able to work cooperatively with others.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with residents, co-workers, and supervisors.
5. Able to follow written instructions (in English).
6. Willing to carry cell phone 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
7. Ability to perform basic functions on a computer, such as electronic time sheets, email and work order entry on internet-based property management software.
8. May be required to perform maintenance in severe weather conditions.
9. Willing and able to drive own vehicle as needed to service properties in various locations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
Maintenance experience required.
Must have reliable vehicle, current valid California Driver’s license and be insurable under the criteria established by CHIP’s general liability carrier.
Must provide current proof of insurance at the levels specified by the CHIP travel policy.
TYPE OF POSITION: Full Time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Brickyard Creek Apartments, Red Bluff, CA
SALARY: $15.00 – 17.00/hour Depending on Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance (100% employer paid), Life Insurance, 403(b) Retirement, Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
APPLY: Go to https://chiphousing.org/jobs fill out the application and upload your resume. Paper applications are available at 1001 Willow St., Chico.
Employment with CHIP is at will for the employee and the employer. CHIP is an equal opportunity employer.
Worksite City: Red Bluff
Wages / Salary: $15.00 - $17.00 Per hour/Depending on experience
Benefits: Health, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave
Number of hours/week: 40
Contract Status: Regular
Job closes on: 2020-08-14
Experience in field: 2 years
Computer/Software Programs: Basic Computer Skills
Driver's License Required: Yes
FMCSA Medical Card Required:
Ways to apply
Apply on our company's website: https://chiphousing.org/jobs/