Website Sierra Pacific Industries
Sierra Pacific Industries
Our Forestry Division, Lassen District, has an opening for a qualified District Forester to help sustainably manage the Company’s timberlands in Shasta and Tehama Counties. This position will involve all aspects of resource management within this diverse 116,000-acre district. The successful applicant will be required to work out of our Anderson, CA corporate office and live in one of the surrounding communities.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Develop and prepare Timber Harvest Plans (THP’s), including research, field work and mapping.
- Administer contracts and oversee field operations including marking, logging and road construction.
- Effectively and professionally interact with state regulatory agencies as a representative of the Company.
- Conduct botanical, wildlife, archaeological, road and watercourse surveys, recommending appropriate protection measures.
- Forestry-related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditions.
- Hike in remote mountainous regions using maps, compass or GPS.
- A California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license or the ability to qualify for, take and pass the RPF exam within 3 years.
- Familiarity with the California Forest Practice Rules, and knowledge of THP preparation.
- Understanding of logging and road construction operations.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and strong work ethic.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and GIS-based software programs.
- Ability to successfully work both independently and as a team member.
- Current valid drivers’ license and the ability to safely negotiate steep mountainous roads.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by August 23, 2019 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Interested in SPI, but not this job? Look for future openings at: www.spi-ind.com/careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans. We are a
drug and tobacco free workplace.
Worksite City: Anderson
Wages / Salary: DOE
Benefits: Health, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
Number of hours/week: 40
Contract Status: Regular
Job closes on: 2019-08-23
Computer/Software Programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, and GIS-based software programs
Driver's License Required: Yes
FMCSA Medical Card Required:
Certifications: California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license or the ability to qualify for, take and pass the RPF exam within 3 years.
Ways to apply
Apply In Person: Sierra Pacific Industries Paul Niemer, Human Resources PO Box 496011 Redding, CA 96049