Website Chrysalis Charter School
Position: Hybrid Learning Instructional Aide
Who: Chrysalis Charter School, Palo Cedro, CA
Job Description: Part-time, approximately 3 to 4 hours per day Mon – Thu while school is in session in “hybrid” learning mode
Salary: $13+ per hour, increasing to $14+ per hour on January 1, 2021
Chrysalis is seeking an energetic, flexible, kind, and self-starting individual to work with small groups of no more than 10-12 students for 3 to 4 hours per day when Chrysalis in “hybrid learning” mode.
Who We Are
Chrysalis Charter School is unique in many ways – from our mission (“encouraging the light within each student to shine brighter”) through our science and nature emphasis to our organization as a teachers co-op. The teachers are in charge of the school. This attracts creative, passionate teachers and creates a special atmosphere that can be felt as soon as you walk onto our campus. For example, the teachers have chosen to have smaller class sizes and more aides than most schools. This means modest salaries for all of us but also a child-centered focus that creates many non-tangible benefits including inclusion within a strong community of families and staff.
Our Pandemic Plan
The 2020-21 school year will be a year like no other. We have four possible options for bell schedules for the school year — (1) some students on independent study, (2) all students on independent study, (3) hybrid learning with students receiving some in classroom instruction combined with some independent study, and (4) all kids on campus every day. In the “hybrid learning” option, each classroom would be divided into two cohorts, one to attend classes in the morning 8:30-11:15 am and work independently on assignments in the afternoon; the other would attend school 12:30-3:15 pm and work independently on assignments in the morning. Your responsibility would be to provide instructional support to a small group of students under the direction of their classroom teachers as they work on their independent assignments. These students are the kids of staff or working parents who require on site supervision during the day. Your goal would be to “encourage the light within each student to shine brighter” by assisting them with their independent assignments, providing academic enrichment options, playground supervision, and other duties around the school.
What You Will Do
We are looking for an amazing person who is inspired by our mission and can become an integral part of our community. You will be right at home here if you can:
- Advance our core mission of “encouraging the light within each student to shine brighter”
- Be reliable and available weekdays either 11:15 to 2:30 or 3:00 to 6:00 pm.
- Remain flexible to change classes or assignments or schedules with very little notice. For instance, if Chrysalis must close to students due to rising numbers of covid-19 cases in the county or state, your assignment may change dramatically from supporting independent assignments to supporting students in distance learning at home with just 24 hours notice.
- Independently teach small groups of students. This requires the ability to use positive encouragement, set high expectations (academically and behaviorally), and teach for understanding (not just memorization).
- Deeply understand math, reading, and writing at the 8th grade level so that you can teach it.
- Use and support the Peaceful Playgrounds model on the school yard.
- Build positive relationships with students and staff.
- Manage student behavior and support students in using restorative practices and effective communication to overcome problems.
- Cultivate students’ understanding of good sportsmanship and respectful play in sports and games.
- Cultivate our culture of kindness by helping students value themselves, each other, and the larger Chrysalis community.
- Support and abide by enhanced health and safety policies including wearing a mask at all times while with students or staff, frequent handwashing, and covid-19 testing every two months.
- Take the initiative to anticipate what needs to be done and make it happen.
- Prepare classroom materials and make photocopies in a timely manner.
- Collaborate effectively with other paraprofessionals, teachers and office staff.
- Remain responsive to feedback and direction.
- Be ESSA compliant (either an AA Degree or higher, 48 semester units or more, or have taken and passed the Paraprofessional Exam).
- Pass a TB test, background check, and physical assessment exam.
If this sounds like you, we would love to meet and learn more about you. Please send a cover letter, your resume, and a list of three references that we may contact to Catherine Thompson, Chrysalis Charter School, P.O. Box 709, Palo Cedro, CA 96073 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We hope to have this position filled by August 10, 2020 if possible.
For more information about Chrysalis, please peruse our website at <www.chrysalischarterschool.com>
Worksite City: Palo Cedro
Wages / Salary: $13+ per hour, increasing to $14+ per hour on January 1, 2021
Number of hours/week: 15-20
Contract Status: Regular
Job closes on: 2020-09-11
Driver's License Required: No
FMCSA Medical Card Required:
Certifications: ESSA compliant (either an AA Degree or higher, 48 semester units or more, or have taken and passed the Paraprofessional Exam)
Ways to apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Apply In Person: Please send a cover letter, your resume, and a list of three references that we may contact to Catherine Thompson, Chrysalis Charter School, P.O. Box 709, Palo Cedro, CA 96073 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org