Trinity County Resource Conservation District
The District Bookkeeper/Fiscal Manager is responsible for all aspects of payroll and bookkeeping, maintenance of District financial records and timely filing of required District reports. Position provides administrative support as needed to management. Trinity County Resource Conservation District is a special district that receives federal, state and local agency funds through grants and project agreements. Bookkeeper is responsible for having a solid understanding of the organization’s operations and management, and of its more complex financial management and accounting issues. Position requires working closely with management, staff members and contract accountant to coordinate and implement all activities with the highest degree of professionalism.
General Job Duties:
• Maintain books of account (including but not limited to preparing payables, coding and posting invoices, preparing deposits, journal entries, reconciliations);
• Oversee issuing of accounts payable and receivables;
• Assist in repairing financial statements for district manager and board of directors;
• Review invoices, requisitions, and purchase orders and other source documents for completeness and accuracy;
• Prepare/process staff payroll, travel, and expense claims;
• Generate 1099 and W-2 forms and reports;
• Compile and submit all required reports to the appropriate government agency, organization or entity in a timely manner;
• Maintain fiscal-year-end working papers and spreadsheets, and assist with preparation for any audits or independent audit of the books with support from the District Manager;
• Assist in maintaining policy and procedure documentation for complex financial and accounting issues;
• Maintain current knowledge of pertinent regulatory changes and their applicability to the organization’s books of account;
• Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending fiscal policies and procedures;
• Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and bookkeeping activities;
• Assist with project and proposal budgeting;
• Assist in preparation of annual budget and quarterly budget revision proposals for board approval; and
• Other duties as assigned by District Manager.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knowledge of office and bookkeeping practices and procedures;
• Proficiency in data entry including, accounting, spreadsheet and word processing software;
• Ability to keep accurate and detailed records, assemble and organize data and prepare reports from such records;
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, deal with the stresses of deadlines, and detailed bookkeeping duties;
• Ability to deal with the public tactfully and courteously and work harmoniously with others;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality; and
• Ability to work independently to organize schedule, and manage assignments and pace workload.
Education equal to high school diploma or equivalent and completion of core units required from an accredited community college for an Associate of Arts degree in business administration, finance, accounting or closely related field. Related work experience as a bookkeeper or an accounting clerk may be substituted for post high school education on a year for year basis.
Standard office work environment. Depending on the season and program needs, the average workweek will change at times. Typical workweeks are Monday through Friday, five 8-hour days, but there is flexibility within this schedule as approved by the District Manager.
The TCRCD offers paid medical, vision and dental insurance; 10 paid holidays per year, plus accrued personal time off; contribution to a retirement plan; and a progressive, family friendly working environment that recognizes the importance of a work/life balance.
$20.00 to $25.92 per hour, dependent on experience
Send resume and cover letter to:
Trinity County RCD
Attn: Kelly Sheen
P. O . Box 1450
Weaverville, CA 96093
Or bring to office:
30 Horseshoe Lane
Weaverville, CA 96093
Or email to:
July 1, 2019 (5:00 pm PST)
Worksite City: Weaverville
Wages / Salary: $20.00 to $25.92/hr DOE
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave
Contract Status: Regular
Driver's License Required: No
FMCSA Medical Card Required:
Ways to apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Apply In Person: 30 Horseshoe Lane Weaverville, CA 96093[dkpdf-button]