Retail Convenience Stores – Sales Associate
General Job Summary:
Serves customers in a fast, efficient, courteous manner.
Keeps the store clean, well stocked, faced and shopable.
Works as a team and supports store management in reaching the store goals.
Represents Western in a professional manner in all dealings with employees, vendors and customers.
Major Job Tasks
1. Accurately operates cash register and monitors gas console. Follows all cash handling procedures involving cash, credit cards, checks, lottery, and drops. Properly and accurately accounts for all sales transactions. Maintains accurate inventory through correct pricing.
2. Keeps store clean, stocked and in first class condition at all times. Maintains high cleaning standards including parking lot, restrooms, stockroom, and equipment. Cleans all spills to remove safety hazards.
3. Acknowledges all customers and provides the highest level of customer service including greeting, suggestive selling, and thanks while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and encouraging customers to return. Assists customers in locating items in the store.
4. Complies with suggestive selling program. Builds displays to promote customer awareness of sale items and generate additional sales
5. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
1. Seeing: Must be able to see to clean store, stock product, and use cash register, gas pump console, and deli equipment.
2. Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
3. Talking: Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
4. Sitting: Must be able to sit for limited periods of time.
5. Standing/Walking/Mobility: Major job tasks require the ability to stand for entire work shift. Must maintain mobility to stock product and perform cleaning duties inside and outside of store.
6. Bending/Reaching/Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop to stock product and perform cleaning duties inside and outside of store.
7. Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Heavy physical effort up to 50 pounds.
8. Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Major job tasks require constant application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
Number of openings: 5
Worksite City: Redding
Wages / Salary: 11.00
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave
Number of hours/week: 24 – 40 Are Available
Job Hours: 24 Hour Site
Contract Status: Regular
Job closes on: 2018-08-29
Driver’s License Required: No
DMV History: No
FMCSA Medical Card Required: No
Lifting requirement: Up To 50lbs
Ways to apply
Apply on our company's website: http://jobs.wnr.com/