Members 1st Credit Union
Maintains accurate accounting records; completes account reconciliations regularly, maintains prepaid and fixed asset subsidiary ledgers in compliance with GAAP, assists in financial statement preparation, assists in accounts payable preparation, and serves as an accounting resource to other departments.
- Balances bank statements on a daily basis and transfers funds as needed.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts as defined in the accounting department work plan and backs up team members when necessary.
- Compiles information from branches, departments, and other resources and prepares journal entries as needed. Troubleshoots outages and communicates with other staff to investigate problems.
- Responsible for completing entries and balancing the prepaid expenses subsidiary ledger.
- Responsible for completing entries and balancing the fixed asset subsidiary ledger and providing tags to branches to track new purchases.
- Assists in the preparation of tax forms, including sales tax returns, property tax reports, 1099/1098 forms, and annual information returns.
- Responsible for posting monthly and quarterly accruals.
- Assists with transactions and reports related to investment purchases, sales, and monthly income recognition.
- Processes Accounts Payable, as well as, related adjusting entries and reporting.
- Completes tasks and projects as assigned.
- Attends occasional early morning “all staff required” training meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Associates’ degree in accounting or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong research and critical thinking skills.
- General skills applicable to this position include:
- Ability to type 45 words per minute (net).
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact tactfully and professionally with credit union staff as well as members and outside vendors.
- Strong computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel (testing required). Microsoft Outlook is desirable.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizations skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with material of a sensitive nature.
- Must have excellent grammar and proof reading skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
Worksite City: Redding
Wages / Salary: DOE
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Contract Status: Regular
Job closes on: 2018-06-15
Minimum Typing WPM: 45
Driver’s License Required: No
DMV History: No
FMCSA Medical Card Required: No
Ways to apply
Apply on our company's website: https://www.membersonline.org/career/