Members 1st Credit Union
Serves to provide consistent excellent service to our walk-in and phone members. Performs transactions and side duties in an accurate and timely manner. Takes an active role in cross training in the branch and participating in weekly staff meetings. Actively promotes and provides credit union products and services to our members. Will be assigned to work on projects within the branch and/or in support of other departments within the Credit Union when needed.
- Provides consistent excellent member service to all members coming in the branch and calling in on the phone.
- Performs variety of transactions in person and over the phone, including but not limited to: deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, purchase of monetary instruments, sale of stamps, reviewing account history, certificate transactions, IRA transactions.
- Responsible for learning and becoming comfortable with credit union products and services available for members including, but not limited to: deposit accounts, interest bearing accounts, ATM and VISA check cards, online banking, e-statements, audio response, direct deposit and basic knowledge of loan products.
- Provides cross selling opportunities to each member as fits their needs.
- Responsible for learning financial institution regulations such as: BSA, Reg CC, Reg DD and Reg E and applying them.
- Responsible for opening new accounts including certificates, IRAs and business accounts and complying with each account policy.
- Processes cash with accuracy and security measures set in place according to policy.
- Responsible for reading, studying and applying credit union policies and procedures as assigned.
- Properly identifies members in the branch and over the phone.
- Participates in routine side duties including, but not limited to: night drop processing, ATM processing, branch balancing, check stub balancing, coin shipments, TCR balancing, auditing various operations functions, keeping branch organized, supply inventory, filing, scanning and copying.
- Complies with office safety and security guidelines and training.
- Actively promotes credit union products and services to each member as appropriate.
- Participates in appropriate and applicable training through the credit union library, on-site trainings, cross training to ensure job knowledge is current and up-to-date.
- Is responsible for completing quarterly compliance training in all required regulations and polices, especially with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) policies, procedures and regulations.
- Is responsible for compliance with all required regulations and polices, especially with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Experience and training in the banking field working with the public and/or experience in customer service and heavy cash handling is preferred.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- General skills applicable to this position include:
- A minimum of a beginner level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Advanced skills in using computers and related equipment, 10-key calculator, multi line telephone/intercom systems, and a variety of general office equipment including copy machines, scanners, and fax equipment.
- Ability to interact tactfully and professionally with credit union staff as well as external contacts. Maintain a high degree of confidentiality in dealing with various personnel and member information.
- Light travel is required. Travel to the various branch locations or to off-site trainings may be necessary but not regular.
THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
Worksite City: Redding
Wages / Salary: DOE
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Contract Status: Regular
Job closes on: 2018-06-15
Driver’s License Required: No
DMV History: No
FMCSA Medical Card Required: No
Ways to apply
Apply on our company's website: https://www.membersonline.org/career/