You can set up a free e-mail account to use for your job search on the public computers at the Smart Centers or on any computer with Internet access. You will be able to send and receive your e-mail on any computer with Internet access, like those in:
- Your child’s school
- A friend or neighbor’s house
- Kinko’s (you pay for the time)
How will this help your job search?
- You may find a job opening that you can only apply for by using e-mail.
- You can ask your friends and family who have e-mail to help you network wherever they live!
- If you are working with a job search counselor, you can communicate with them by e-mail sometimes more easily than playing phone tag.
- Some newspapers (like the Record Searchlight) will let you pick the want-ad information you want and e-mail you the results every day.
Would you like to set up e-mail for your job search now?
Three widely used – and free – e-mail services are listed below. Just go to one of these websites and complete the sign-up form. It’s that easy! For job search purposes it is best to pick a standard account name when you register, such as one based on your name (first and last name, first initial and last name, etc.).