Work At The Smart CenterIf you are goal oriented, able to work independently, and have strong interpersonal and computer skills, you are encouraged to apply for our open positions. a.
CLERICAL SPECIALIST- PART TIME
Closes: November 10, 2017
Job Title: Clerical Specialist- Special Program for Adult Education
Wages / Salary: $12.50-$15.60 per hour DOE
Job Hours: 20 Hours per week
The Smart Business Resource Center, a private, non-profit, public benefit corporation in Shasta and Trinity County, seeks a highly motivated and enthusiastic part-time Clerical Specialist to join our team. We are seeking a goal oriented individual with strong clerical and customer service skills that can work independently, uses good judgement, and enjoys data entry. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Provides clerical support to Smart Center staff
• Maintains accurate and comprehensive client files and tracking systems
• Displays excellent organizational skills
• Performs reception duties at the front desk when necessary
• Assists job seekers to find self-sufficient employment
• Displays exceptional communication and customer service skills
Background or knowledge in:
• Knowledge and experience in business and professional practices, standard office equipment and Microsoft Office applications
• Professional telephone etiquette and strong customer service skills required
• Hiring practices, employment and labor laws, effective job search techniques
High School Diploma or equivalent is required with two years of related work experience.
Driver’s License Required: Yes, Class: C
The Smart Center participates in the California DMV Employer Pull Notice Program. Applicants are required to provide DMV printout with application.
Submit cover letter, resume and a Smart employment application by email to:
MissionWe invest in the growth and development of business to provide opportunities for all job seekers. Our goal is your success.
- Smart puts people to work, reducing the unemployment rate and increasing the tax base.
- We at the Smart Center believe a healthy business community creates economic vitality. We are dedicated to strengthening and supporting Shasta County businesses in order to create jobs and encourage economic prosperity.
- We help businesses with start up, expansion and retention by providing access to skilled job seekers and employee training.
- We help people achieve self-sufficiency through entry to the labor market where they can learn a skill and build a career.
- We provide career exploration, job search assistance, on-the-job and vocational training.
- By working with all citizens in our skills pool, regardless of income or skill level, we help businesses succeed and ultimately create more opportunity for job seekers.
Results OrientedSince 1979, Smart has successfully provided quality service to businesses and job seeking around the north state. Assisting with staffing, training and education cost, Smart has invested of over $40 million dollars into the community. A staff of dedicated professionals are ready to assist you with your workforce needs.
Get Smart Updates
Want valuable news and info from Smart Center? Sign up for our newsletter today and we’ll send you fresh updates on new jobs listings, workshops, and more!Newsletter Sign Up
Recent News & Updates
Recent Job Listings
Office Administrator AssistantRe-Max Twon and CountryShasta County
Sawyers and LaborersCal North ForestryShasta County
Life Skills Instructor for Disabled AdultsCompass SLS & ILSShasta County
Receptionist/Office ClerkJKH Door ServiceShasta County
Network EngineerShasta County Office of EducationShasta County
General ContractorsTuff ShedShasta County
Early Childhood Education TraineeShasta Head Start Strong start in lifeShasta County
Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)North Valley Developmental ServicesShasta County
Transportation DriverNorth Valley Developmental ServicesShasta County
Day Program InstructorNorth Valley Developmental ServicesShasta County