Work At The Smart CenterIf you are goal oriented, able to work independently, and have strong interpersonal and computer skills, you are encouraged to apply for our open positions. a.
The Smart Business Resource Center, a private, non-profit, public benefit corporation in Shasta and Trinity County, seeks a full time Career Adviser to join our team. The Career Adviser facilitates the connection between businesses and qualified job seekers. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the needs of employers to effectively assist businesses with their hiring needs
- Cultivating ongoing relationships with local businesses while marketing Smart Center programs and services
- Matching needs of business community with qualified job seekers
- Assisting job seekers to find self-sufficient employment
- Evaluating and certifying the eligibility of program participants for job training and education
- Creating employment plans and coordinating basic job preparation activities
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive client files and tracking systems
- Prepare clear and concise case notes
- Display excellent organizational skills
Preferred background or knowledge in:
- Hiring practices, employment and labor laws, marketing and sales, labor market information, contract writing, effective job search techniques
- Software programs including Microsoft Word, Access, Outlook and Excel
Any combination equivalent to two years of college in human resources, psychology, business administration, social services or closely related experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Driver’s License Required: Yes, Class: C
The Smart Center participates in the California DMV Employer Pull Notice Program. Applicants are required to provide DMV printout with application.
The position pays between $15.00 and $19.40 per hour and some travel is required on an infrequent basis. The schedule is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. We are closed for lunch daily from noon- 1pm. We offer three weeks of paid vacation each year, a company paid retirement program, and a paid week off between Christmas and New Year’s. We also offer a cafeteria benefit plan, paid sick leave, tuition reimbursement and a host of other employee benefits! Most importantly, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment that includes monthly potlucks and ping pong tournaments!
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please apply by clicking the link below. The application includes pre-employment testing that will take approximately 50 minutes.
MissionWe invest in the growth and development of business to provide opportunities for all job seekers. Our goal is your success.
- Smart puts people to work, reducing the unemployment rate and increasing the tax base.
- We at the Smart Center believe a healthy business community creates economic vitality. We are dedicated to strengthening and supporting Shasta County businesses in order to create jobs and encourage economic prosperity.
- We help businesses with start up, expansion and retention by providing access to skilled job seekers and employee training.
- We help people achieve self-sufficiency through entry to the labor market where they can learn a skill and build a career.
- We provide career exploration, job search assistance, on-the-job and vocational training.
- By working with all citizens in our skills pool, regardless of income or skill level, we help businesses succeed and ultimately create more opportunity for job seekers.
Results OrientedSince 1979, Smart has successfully provided quality service to businesses and job seeking around the north state. Assisting with staffing, training and education cost, Smart has invested of over $40 million dollars into the community. A staff of dedicated professionals are ready to assist you with your workforce needs.
Get Smart Updates
Want valuable news and info from Smart Center? Sign up for our newsletter today and we’ll send you fresh updates on new jobs listings, workshops, and more!Newsletter Sign Up
Recent News & Updates
Recent Job Listings
Copier Service TechnicianWestern Business ProductsShasta County
Camp CounselorsTrinity County Resource Conservation DistrictTrinity County
Administrative Clerk I/Administrative Clerk IITrinity County Administrative DepartmentTrinity County
Animal Care AttendantEmployer Name SuppressedTrinity County
Gate Attendant ITrinity County Solid WasteTrinity County
Warehouse Workers & Freight Handler PATWalmart Distribution CenterTehama County
Maintenance PersonCalifornia Property MarketingShasta County
Production AssistantEmployer Name SuppressedShasta County
LegalMorgan & Kelley Law firmShasta County
Technical ConsultantEmployer Name SuppressedShasta County