Days: Monday – Friday
Benefits: HSA, Employee Care Account, Vacation, Holidays, Sick
Number of hours/week: 40
Job Hours: 8am-5pm
The Smart Business Resource Center, a private, non-profit, public benefit corporation in Shasta, Trinity, and Humboldt Counties, seeks a full time Career Advisor to join our team in the Eureka Office. The Career Advisor facilitates the connection between businesses and qualified job seekers. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the needs of employers to effectively assist businesses with their hiring needs
- Cultivating ongoing relationships with local businesses while marketing Smart Center programs and services
- Matching needs of business community with qualified job seekers
- Assisting job seekers to find self-sufficient employment
- Evaluating and certifying the eligibility of program participants for job training and education
- Creating employment plans and coordinating basic job preparation activities
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive client files and tracking systems
- Prepare clear and concise case notes
- Display excellent organizational skills
Preferred background or knowledge in:
- Hiring practices, employment and labor laws, marketing and sales, labor market information, contract writing, effective job search techniques
- Software programs including Microsoft Word, Access, Outlook and Excel
Any combination equivalent to two years of college in human resources, psychology, business administration, social services or closely related experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Driver’s License Required: Yes, Class: C
The Smart Center participates in the California DMV Employer Pull Notice Program. Applicants are required to provide DMV printout with application.
We offer three weeks of paid vacation each year, a company paid retirement program, and a paid week off between Christmas and New Year’s. We also offer a cafeteria benefit plan, paid sick leave, tuition reimbursement and a host of other employee benefits! Most importantly, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment that includes monthly potlucks, company wide safety program, and numerous employee development opportunities.
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please apply by clicking the link below. The application includes pre-employment testing that will take approximately 50 minutes.